October 15, 2021

Deo Gratias Daily News !

Get the facts right

Bill Cosby denied parole: Actor remains hopeful court will vacate his conviction

– Bill Cosby has been denied parole but remains hopeful the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court will issue an opinion to vacate his conviction

– The US comedian failed to participate in a treatment programme for sex offenders, according to the Pennsylvania Parole Board

– The actor was not surprised by the decision because members of the board told him he wouldn’t get it because he didn’t take part in the treatment programme for sex offenders

PAY ATTENTION: Legit.ng is on a mission to support vulnerable children of Calabar – join the initiative on Patreon, let’s change more lives together!

Bill Cosby has reportedly been denied parole this month. The Pennsylvania Parole Board said it took a lot of factors into consideration when it ruled against the old comedian.

The board said the US actor didn’t take part in a treatment programme for sex offenders and he failed to develop a parole release plan. The media personality was sentenced to three to 10 years in prison after he was convicted of aggravated indecent assault of Andrea Constand at his home his 2004.

Read also

Nigerian community gives thief food and drink after apprehending him, makes him clean its drainage

Bill Cosby Denied Parole: Actor Remains Hopeful Court Will Vacate His Conviction
Bill Cosby has been denied parole. Image: @billcosby
Source: UGC

TMZ reports that Cosby’s representative, Andrew Wyatt, told the publication that the star was not surprised by the recent decision because members of the board told him he would not be granted parole if he didn’t participate in the sex offender programme.

A statement posted on Cosby’s Instagram page said he continues to remain hopeful that the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court will issue an opinion to vacate his conviction or warrant him a new trial.

Pay Attention: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Social media users shared mixed reactions to the board’s decision to keep the old man in jail for his crimes. Check out some of their comments below:

@NaturallyBeliz1 wrote:

“I low-key feel sad for him, he could die in there. Folks who commit severer crimes have been given parole. Put him on probation for the rest of his sentence and place him on house arrest.”

Read also

Priceless moment boy who lived in bushes and eats grass interact with people for the first time melts hearts

@chaserpc said:

“I think justice is served. It sends an important message to other people of privilege. We have to care more for the victims.”

@MelissaOctLibra commented:

“I am reading some of these tweets and shaking my head at some of them. Yes, he may be very old etc but he did do a crime and if this was anyone else so many of you would be happy that person didn’t get parole. Doesn’t matter the race.”

@LASHATYA said:

“He assaulted most of those women while he was ‘an old man’. He has no remorseand got away with his crimes for YEARS. He should serve his time.”

@SusanJaked commented:

“Just because he is Bill Cosby. He was a serial rapist. I don’t feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for his victims. Everyone forgets about the victims in the USA. The felons have more rights.”

@CindyS_75 added:

“Of course he was denied, he has no remorse for his crimes.”

Read also

Black US officer surprises younger brother at school after being away for 8 months, video sparks reactions

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

In similar news, Legit.ng reported that a lawyer has called for an investigation into TI and his wife Tiny. Lawyer Tyrone A Blackburn wants authorities to start a probe into the popular US rapper and his wife after 11 women claimed that they had been drugged or sexually assaulted by the celebrity couple.

Blackburn has reportedly sent a letter to the prosecution claiming that the musician and his bae committed a number of criminal offences, including “sexual abuse, forced ingestion of illegal narcotics, kidnapping, terroristic threats and false imprisonment”.

TI took to social media a few weeks back and denied the allegations on behalf of himself and his wife. He posted a video on Instagram where he shared his side of the story. TI captioned the clip:

“No weapon formed against us shall prosper. We vehemently deny ALL these disgusting, anonymous allegations.”

Source: Legit