October 16, 2021

Deo Gratias Daily News !

Get the facts right

Breaking: Troops kill scores of Boko Haram as insurgents attack Borno

– Some Boko Haram insurgents have been killed by the troops in an attempt to attack the Rann community in Borno state

– This was disclosed by the director of Army public relations, Brigadier General Mohammed Yerima, in a statement issued on Friday, May 28

– Yerima noted that the dreaded terrorists attempted to infiltrate the main entrance to the community

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

A report by The Nation indicates that scores of Boko Haram fighters have been killed by troops of Operation Hadin Kai while trying to attack Rann, the headquarters of Kala Balge council area of Borno state.

Legit.ng gathered that the director of Army public relations, Brigadier General Mohammed Yerima, in a statement said the terrorists were repelled by the troops while attempting to infiltrate the entrance to the city.

Breaking: Troops Kill Scores of Boko Haram As Insurgents Attack Borno
The Army has said that the troops have killed scores of Boko Haram insurgents who attempted to attack Borno. Credit: @HQNigerianArmy
Source: Twitter

Terrorists planned to attack Borno town

Read also

How COAS Yahaya killed over 2,000 insurgents in less than 2 months

He said the terrorists came in their numbers mounted on gun trucks and attempted to infiltrate the main entrance to the town.

The statement read:

“Barely hours into the tenure of the Chief of Army Staff Gen Faruk Yahaya, Boko Haram Terrorists attempted an audacious attack on troops of Operation Hadin Kai in Rann the Headquarters of Kala Balge LGA of Borno state. The terrorists came in their numbers mounted on gun trucks and attempted to infiltrate the main entrance to the town.

“The highly spirited troops were right on hand to counter the move and inflicted a humiliating defeat on the terrorists who abandoned their evil mission and took to their heels.”

The Nigerian government will soon receive 10 A-29 Tucano from the United States

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that 10 out of the 12 Tucano jets the Nigerian government purchased from the United States are ready for delivery.

Read also

Children’s Day: Photos emerge as Buhari, Osinbajo host 10 students from learning centre

It was reported that this was disclosed in a statement released on Thursday, May 27, by the spokesman of the Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Colonel Authur Ford of the United States Air Force Fighters and Advance Aircraft Directorate made this known to the National Assembly Joint Committee on Defence and Air Force.

The lawmakers are currently in the US on an inspection tour of Embraer Defence Security Incorporated (EDSI), the manufacturers of the NAF A-29 Super Tucano aircraft.

Briefing the NASS team led by Senator Michael Nnachi, Colonel Ford stated that 10 out of the 12 aircraft were ready for delivery while the remaining two were undergoing modification and integration to NAF-specific operational configuration.

Source: Legit Nigeria